Tijdens de training STQB Test Analyst Advanced krijg je diverse technieken aangereikt om je test te ontwerpen. De focus van de ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst ligt op functionaliteit, bruikbaarheid en gebruiksvriendelijkheid.
De ISTQB Test Analyst Advanced omvat de volgende onderdelen.
Testers die ISTQB Foundation hebben afgerond en de vervolgstap willen zetten op advanced level.
An Advanced Level Test Analyst can:
- perform the appropriate testing activities based on the software development lifecycle being used;
- determine the proper prioritization of the testing activities based on the information provided by the risk analysis;
- select and apply appropriate test techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on defined coverage criteria;
- provide the appropriate level of documentation relevant to their testing activities;
- determine the appropriate types of functional testing to be performed;
- work effectively in a usability testing team;
- effectively participate in requirements / user story reviews with stakeholders, applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in work products;
- improve the efficiency of the test process with the use of tools.
With the internationally recognised ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level – Technical Test Analyst (CTAL-TTA) certification, you will be able to prove your knowledge, particularly with regard to technical aspects.
Topics that will be covered
- Explain how and why the timing and level of involvement for the Test Analyst varies when working with different software development lifecycle models.
- Summarize the appropriate tasks for the Test Analyst when conducting analysis and design activities.
- Explain why test conditions should be understood by the stakeholders.
- For a given project scenario, select the appropriate design level for test cases (high-level or low-level).
- Explain the issues to be considered in test case design.
- Summarize the appropriate tasks for the Test Analyst when conducting test implementation activities.
- Summarize the appropriate tasks for the Test Analyst when conducting test execution activities.
- For a given situation, participate in risk identification, perform risk assessment and propose appropriate risk mitigation.
- Analyze a given specification item(s) and design test cases by applying equivalence partitioning.
- Analyze a given specification item(s) and design test cases by applying boundary value analysis.
- Analyze a given specification item(s) and design test cases by applying decision table testing.
- Analyze a given specification item(s) and design test cases by applying state transition testing.
- Explain how classification tree diagrams support test techniques.
- Analyze a given specification item(s) and design test cases by applying pairwise testing.
- Analyze a system, or its requirement specification, in order to determine likely types of defects to be found and select the appropriate black-box test technique(s).
- Explain the principles of experience-based test techniques, and the benefits and drawbacks compared to black-box and defect-based test techniques.
- Determine exploratory tests from a given scenario.
- Describe the application of defect-based test techniques and differentiate their use from black-box test techniques.
- For a given project situation, determine which black-box or experience-based test techniques should be applied to achieve specific goals.
- Explain what test techniques are appropriate to test functional completeness, correctness and appropriateness.
- Define the typical defects to be targeted for the functional completeness, correctness and appropriateness characteristics.
- Define when the functional completeness, correctness and appropriateness characteristics should be tested in the software development lifecycle.
- Explain the approaches that would be suitable to verify and validate both the implementation of the usability requirements and the fulfillment of the user's expectations.
- Explain the role of the test analyst in interoperability testing including identification of the defects to be targeted.
- Explain the role of the test analyst in portability testing including identification of the defects to be targeted.
- For a given set of requirements, determine the test conditions required to verify the functional and/or non-functional quality characteristics within the scope of the Test Analyst.
- Identify problems in a requirements specification according to checklist information provided in the syllabus.
- Identify problems in a user story according to checklist information provided in the syllabus.
- For a given scenario, determine the appropriate activities for a Test Analyst in a keyword-driven automation project.
- Explain the usage and types of test tools applied in test design, test data preparation and test execution.