Module 1: Overview & Architecture
Describe the Dynamics 365 ecosystem and major components of the Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations (FO) software, describe the architecture of D365FO, describe relevant D365FO design and deployment considerations.
- Explore the ecosystem and main components.
- Explore the technical architecture.
- Explore design and deployment considerations.
Lab: Development Environment configuration and Project/Model Creation
Module 2: Developer Tools
Manage system implementations by using Lifecycle Services, Customize D365FO by using Visual Studio, Manage source code and artifacts by using version control, Work with other development tools to complete tasks.
- Manage implementations by using Lifecycle Services.
- Manage source code by using version control.
- Customize by using Visual Studio.
Lab: Source Control using DevOps
Module 3: Solution Design
Determine the required application stack components and server architecture, Implement Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Design a solution for D365FO.
- Implement application lifecycle management.
Lab: Data Structure Development
Module 4: AOT Elements
Create forms, Create and extend tables, Create Extended data Types (EDT) and enumerations, Create classes and extend AOT elements.
- Build extended data types and enumerations.
- Build tables.
- Build forms and optimize form performance.
- Create classes.
- Create other user interface elements.
Lab: Metadata Extension & Development
Module 5: Code Development & Testing
Develop X++ code, Develop object-oriented code, Extend D365 FO functionality, Describe test framework and tools, Perform Unit Testing.
- Explore the test framework and use tools.
- Get started with development using X++.
- Develop object-oriented code.
- Use RSAT tool.
Lab: Code Extension & Development
Module 6: Data Migration
Describe migration tools and methodologies, Plan Migration strategy, Prepare data for migration and migrate data.
- Prepare data for migration.
Lab: Data Export/Import using Data Entity
Lab: Recurring Data Transfer
Module 7: Frameworks
Implement D365 FO functionality.
- Explore extensions and the extension framework.
- Extend elements.
- SysOperationSandbox framework.
Lab: SysExtension Framework
Module 8: Integration
Identify Data integration patterns and scenarios, Implement Data integration concepts and solutions, Implement Recurring integrations, Integrate D365FO with Microsoft Azure, Troubleshoot integration errors, Implement the Data Management Package API.
- Identify data integration patterns and scenarios.
- Implement data integration concepts and solutions.
- Implement the data management package API.
- Data integrations.
- Integrate with Microsoft Azure.
- Connecting to Power Platform services.
- Consume business events.
- Integrate Finance and Operations apps with Microsoft Dataverse.
Lab: Data Integration
Lab: Logic App Integration
Lab: Calling an External Web Service
Module 9: Reporting
Describe the capabilities and limitations of reporting tools in D365FO, Design, create, and revise Dynamics Reports, Design, create, and revise Dynamics workspaces, Design, create, and revise data sources that connect to data stores external to D365FO.
- Explore the reporting tools.
- Build reports.
- Build workspaces.
- Manage data sources with external data stores.
Lab: Power BI reporting from F&O
Module 10: Security & Performance
Describe and implement performance tools and LCS Environment Monitoring tools, Implement role-based security policies and requirements, Apply fundamental performance optimization techniques, Optimize performance for batch processes, Optimize user interface performance, Enhance Integration performance, Optimize Report Performance.
- Work with performance and monitoring tools.
- Implement role-based security.
- Apply basic performance optimization techniques.
Lab: Async & Sandbox Functionality